Learn to Read Volume 1 uses the LeapStart® learning system to build reading confidence through six engaging books with leveled learning. Children can read engaging stories with colorful pictures and interactive pages. Tap the pictures, individual letters and words with the stylus to magically bring the books to life and then enhance the learning with amazing 3D-like animations when played with LeapStart® 3D. These books help build early reading skills, including short and long vowels. Most pages feature Say It, Sound It and Spell It icons. Touch an icon and a word on the page to hear each word, listen to the word sounded out or have the word spelled out to hear the letter names. Continue the learning fun with Learn to Read Volume 2 for more advanced words and stories (sold separately).
This book talks!
Build reading confidence through six engaging storybooks with interactive pages.
Animations bring the books to life
Enhance the learning with amazing animations when played using LeapStart® systems with a screen.
Allows your child to hear each word.
Helps your child recognize letter sounds in words.
Lets your child hear how a word is spelled.
Words in this story
Interactive Words You’re Learning spreads include activities that preview words in the story.
Stories for early readers
Each book focuses on short or long vowels and builds upon phonics principles from previous books.
About the series
The LeapStart® library is a leveled series that grows from preschool through 1st grade (additional books sold separately).
- Volume two uses the LeapStart learning system to build reading confidence through six engaging stories with colourful pictures and interactive pages.
- Encourages children to touch pages, pictures, individual letters and words to help build advanced reading skills, such as vowel teams and consonant blends.
- Each story has a Words in This Story section to familiarise young readers with words they’ll find in the story, much like the pre-reading activities they’ll find in the classroom.
- On most pages, kids will find Say It, Sound It and Spell It icons. Touch an icon and a word on the page to hear each word, listen to the word sounded out or have the word spelled out to hear the letter names.
- Works with all LeapStart systems. Animates with LeapStart 3D (sold separately).